La Moye Golf Club was founded in 1902 by George Boomer, the Headmaster at neighbouring La Moye School.
Shortly after moving to La Moye, George laid out a rudimentary course stretching from "Banques Blanches" railway station down the dunes towards La Pulente in St Ouen's bay. In some respects, it's a shame that the Club took its name from the next station on the line, as "Banques Blanches" perfectly describes the Club's location set at the top of 250 foot dunes and hills.
The Club and Clubhouse today welcome Members and visitors alike to enjoy a course which reflects Percy Boomer's love of golf and the unrivalled sea views which inspired him to bring golf to La Moye.
Follow this link to continue to read more about our heritage.
A full history of the Club can be found in the the excellent book "The Boomer Legacy - La Moye Golf Club, The First Hundred Years, 1902 - 2002" written by Peter E Firth which is available from firstname.lastname@example.org.